Wednesday, July 6, 2011

busy, busy, busy...

In between Fourth of July, laying sod, teaching summer school, laying in the pool, and making crazy rice cake recipes, I have been working on some centers for my classroom. 

First, let's start off with the amazing and yummy rice cake pizza!

I know you are probably thinking I have lost my mind, but it is delicious! Even the husband ate it! Since I have started weight watchers I have been trying different things, and this one is a must try. 
Recipe:
two large cheese  rice cakes
Reduced sugar Ragu tomato and basil sauce - add some seasoning to make it not taste like spaghetti sauce
low fat cheese
spinach
turkey pepperonis

It is so yummy!
Now on to the centers. 
I was given this book by a Kindergarten teacher that retired. 
It is an awesome book and has some GREAT centers in it. 
These are some of the ones that I made. I did not make all of them in the book because some seemed TOO easy. 


They range from beginning sounds, ending sounds, rhyming words, patterns, numbers, and sequencing. I used them today with my summer school kids and they LOVED them. 

This is the book I will be working on next.

Now I need to go get busy making more centers! Have I mentioned I LOVE the website makinglearningfun.com  If you haven't been to the website, definitely try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment